Hamptons Style Kitchen
The Hamptons is an established summer getaway for affluent New Yorkers, known for its spacious, laid back coastal ambience. A kitchen in the Hamptons style is a dreamy, timeless selection, perfect to come home to after a long day. Whether you want to infuse coastal vibes throughout your house or are looking for a classic but modern Hamptons style kitchen for its clean aesthetic, this style’s high-end finishes will complement any kitchen, no matter its size.
How to design a modern Hamptons style kitchen
What makes a kitchen Hamptons style? Think solid, quality design with a rustic finish, white, light greys, pale wood and touches of blue to bring the ocean to your home. Comfortable and convenient, it’s a space you’ll love to entertain family or friends in. Here are some useful design tips to customise your very own modern Hamptons style kitchen:
- Colour — Most known for its all-white palette, you can still add some character to your kitchen with subtle variations. For example, by adding seafoam green or duck egg blue accents to your cabinets or benchtops, you can create a more modern look and feel to your own unique space.
- Marble benchtop — The luxurious lifestyle led by wealthy New Yorkers makes up the finer details of a Hamptons style kitchen. There’s nothing like a slick marble countertop to boast The Hamptons — the Italian Carrara or Calacatta marble are some of the most common selections, but the choice is all yours.
- Kitchen island — We don’t need to talk about the practicality and elegance of a kitchen island. If you are interested in an ultra-modern Hamptons style kitchen, explore the option of a dark-coloured kitchen island base. It will perfectly counterbalance the room's all-white and tie into other dark fixtures you might select, such as matte black cabinet handles and tapware. Surround the island with sturdy timber bar stools for a perfect breakfast bar.
- Hamptons’ cabinets — Shaker-style cabinets with lovely handles will give your kitchen the touch of ambience it needs to pull off the Hamptons theme. Shaker cabinets have a recessed front panel and a subtle raised border. If you want to add some openness to your cupboards, glass-front cabinets are a staple Hamptons feature for higher storage spots.
- Splashback — A marble splashback is the seamless extension of your new marble countertop. It will both make your space feel larger and cleaner. Alternatively, a subway tile splashback is a perfect way to pay homage to New York while adding extra flair to your Hamptons style kitchen.
- Lighting — Warm lighting will provide a feeling of warmth to juxtapose the stark white of your Hamptons style kitchen. Pendant lights placed above the kitchen island or dining area enhance the scale of the space and add a dramatic touch to the room.
Visit us and be inspired by our Hamptons style kitchens
Are you looking for some inspiration for your customised kitchen? Flick through our kitchen showcase to explore a variety of contemporary and traditional kitchen styles. And when you are ready to discuss your ideas and see how they could come to life, book an appointment with one of our friendly team members. You could start your journey to the perfect Hamptons style kitchen today.