Industrial kitchens are becoming increasingly popular in both home and commercial settings. Characterised by exposed brick, metal fixtures, and a stripped-down aesthetic, this kitchen style exudes a relaxed, urban vibe. However, while they may appear simple and minimal, modern industrial kitchens can be pretty complex and require careful planning.
If you want to create an industrial-style kitchen that is functional and stylish, it is essential to consider the following elements:
- Exposed brick walls or metal fixtures — These materials add an element of texture and visual interest to the space.
- Sinks — A large sink is essential for any busy kitchen. Look for one that is stainless-steel based as it is more durable.
- Storage — Industrial kitchens often make use of open shelving or bare cabinets. If you opt for shelving, choose sturdy shelves that can withstand heavy pots and pans.
- Countertops — While concrete or marble countertops are popular in modern industrial kitchens, you can also use other materials such as wood or laminate. Just be sure to choose a material that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Lighting — Modern industrial kitchens often make use of track lighting or pendant lights. These fixtures help create a bright atmosphere that makes cooking easy.
Why should you consider adding an industrial kitchen in your home or business?
Compared to other kitchen types, industrial kitchens are becoming increasingly popular in homes and restaurants. This is mainly because they tend to be very functional and efficient. Experts design industrial-style kitchens in a way to minimise wasted space and maximise production.
With a sleek and stylish look that is perfect for modern homes, this kitchen type is effortless to maintain and clean. Modern industrial kitchens are also incredibly versatile. You can request customisation to fit any size or type of space. They are also very durable as the materials used to construct them are typically high calibre and can survive years of hard usage.
Make your business more efficient with Aplan’s industrial-style kitchen
Whether looking for industrial kitchen ideas for your home or a stylish and efficient commercial kitchen, a modern industrial kitchen is a great option.
Industrial-style kitchens are a popular choice for many commercial businesses, such as restaurants, cafes, and catering companies, because they are often bigger and better than a home kitchen and are made to handle more significant traffic.
Industrial kitchens also usually have stainless steel countertops and appliances, which can withstand constant use and are easy to clean. An industrial kitchen's spacious layout also allows multiple cooks to work simultaneously. Most importantly for businesses, industrial kitchens often have access to a loading dock or walk-in refrigerator, which makes it easy to restock supplies.
For these reasons, an industrial kitchen is often the best choice for businesses that require a high level of functionality.
Achieve your dream industrial kitchen with Aplan kitchens
Aplan Kitchens has been designing and installing Sydney kitchens since 1984. We use only the best materials and hardware, so you can be confident your kitchen will last. Our industrial-style kitchens are the perfect combination of form and function. They are stylish and modern but also highly functional. Our years of experience can help you create the ideal kitchen for your home or business. Contact us today to see how we can help you with your next renovation project!