We are one of Australia’s leading designers and manufacturers of custom built kitchens offering a wide range of tailored solutions.
There are many different styles of cuisine — Japanese, Italian, Lebanese, Greek and many more — and many different styles of cooks — from the regimented recipe followers to the freestylers and everything in between. Doesn’t it make sense then that different types of kitchens will suit different kinds of cooks and entertainers?
Finding the right type of kitchen design
At A-Plan, we specialise in a wide range of kitchen types for Sydney homes of all shapes and sizes. Whether you dream of a kitchen that will be the centrepiece of your home or prefer a more understated kitchen layout that feels simple and effortless, our team can help you get the luxury kitchen your home deserves.
The most popular types of kitchen layout
Our design team takes a bespoke approach to every project, listening to your needs in order to create the layout that works best for you. From small kitchens to outdoor kitchens and everything in between, here are some of the most popular types of kitchen designs you might want to explore:
- One-wall kitchen — A kitchen design across just one wall is an efficient and unobtrusive design that is great for apartments and sleek interiors. For those who love to entertain, a single-wall kitchen makes it easy to include the dining table amidst the action, and cooks will love the chance to interact with their guests while adding the finishing touches to their gourmet creations.
- Galley kitchen — Single or double-story galley kitchens feature cupboards facing each other to create a slim hallway style kitchen. A galley kitchen will effectively maximise your storage space, leaving enough space for your utensils and ingredients.
- U-shaped kitchen — Cooks can enjoy plenty of countertop space and easy-to-reach convenience in a U-shaped kitchen, which creates a good, practical ‘triangle’ between the sink, the stove and the fridge. U-shaped kitchens may feel disconnected from the dinner table itself but are an excellent option if you have a separate dedicated dining room.
- L-shaped kitchen — Open and inviting, L-shaped kitchens wrap around two walls, use a corner to maximise counter space and create a spacious yet flowing room. These are a great option for families or cooks who love to socialise and entertain while preparing food.
- Kitchen islands — Another popular choice for entertainers, a kitchen island gives you extra space for countertops, to install a large stove or even hide appliances like microwaves and garbage disposals. The island-style may take up floor space, but in turn, it creates an inviting focal point for the room.
Still not sure how a certain kitchen type will work in your space? Why not visit one of our conveniently located Sydney showrooms? We invite you to see our kitchen details up close and experience how different types of kitchen designs might work for your life.
Start your Sydney kitchen renovations today
Whether you already have a specific type of kitchen layout in mind or want to understand what options might work best for you, the team at A-Plan are here to help you with your Sydney kitchen renovation. Contact us today and start a conversation about the possible kitchen designs for your home.