Kitchen cookware is a worthwhile investment, and any home cook knows that having the right tools on hand makes the job easier and more enjoyable.
But with so many different options available for cookware, how do you know what to invest in? Do you need cast iron or stainless steel? Enamel or copper? Non-stick or uncoated?
Take a look at our handy shopping guide before you hand over your money.
- Do an inventory. Take all your pots and pans out of your cupboards and see what’s there. It’s not uncommon for pots to get lost at the back of a cupboard and you forget you have it altogether.
- Think about your style. What do you like to cook the most? If you love Asian dishes, you might need a wok. Or if you pan fry steak a lot, you’ll need a thick-based grill pan with ridges.
- Look at your cooktop. If you have an induction cooktop, you need cookware with magnetic properties for the cooktop to work. Flat-bottomed pans are essential for smooth cooktops, and a vented ring might be needed if you have a round-based wok.
- Pick up your pots. When you’re in the shop, pick up the pots with one hand and see how heavy they are. They’ll be even heavier when they’re full of food. Will you be able to handle the weight?
- Consider your lids. Glass lids are great to see through, but some are not oven proof. Do you cook casseroles in the oven a lot and therefore need an ovenproof lid? If you’re buying a whole new set of cookware, often the lids fit every piece of the set, so make sure you don’t end up with 6 lids you don’t like or can’t use!
- Check the handles. Some handles have a silicone cover and are great to pick up since they don’t get too hot and are non-slip. However they can’t go in the oven, so keep this in mind if you need your pots for the oven.
Once you set yourself up with your perfect kitchen cookware set, you’ll find cooking a breeze. Even your meals tend to turn out better!
WIN a complete Jamie Oliver Tefal kitchen cookware set!
How would you like to win Jamie’s favourites all in one set? The set includes:
- 26cm Frypan
- Large 24cm Stew Pot with glass lid
- Large 30cm Pot Roast with glass lid
- 18cm Saucepan with glass lid
- 20cm Saucepans with glass lids
The set features a heavy weight hard anodised exterior for exceptional durability, along with Tefal’s unique ‘ThermoSpot’ technology that let’s you know when the frypans are ready to start cooking. Patented 7-layer non-stick cooking surface that makes cooking and cleaning a breeze, whether by hand or in the dishwasher. Oven safe to 260° (except lids) and induction compatible. Lifetime guarantee on the non-stick surface. Click here to enter!
For an opportunity to win this fabulous cookware set, simply visit us in our showroom to discuss your kitchen needs.